Developments in the banking and finance sector and increased litigation necessitate the skills of specialised lawyers capable of anticipating and integrating the resulting changes to rules and practices.
The department advises financial institutions, investment funds, family offices and borrowers.
Racine’s team handles structured financings (including in the real estate sector), debt restructurings and banking and finance litigation. The team has particular first-rate expertise in handling the financial aspects of turnarounds, especially in the context of complex LBOs.
Related distinctions 6
FINANCING: STRUCTURING AND ARRANGEMENT OF FINANCIAL DOCUMENTATION
For financial institutions
Establishing various types of bilateral or syndicated financing:
- Corporate acquisition financing
- Structured financing/LBO, OBO, etc.
- Project and infrastructure financing
- Real estate financing (share deals/asset deals)
- Refinancing of existing debt
- Property and asset lease financing
- Drafting and negotiating financing and security documentation
- Designing and optimising the legal and financial aspects of company, asset and real estate portfolio acquisition structures.
- Specific expertise in real estate financing, in close coordination with the firm’s real estate and tax teams.
RESTRUCTURING: TRANSFERS AND RENEGOTIATION
Transfers and refinancing
- transfers of financed assets prior to maturity
- assignment of receivables and connected securities, debt assignment
- refinancing of bank and/or bond debt
- renegotiating debt and optimising bank and bond debt
- amicable procedures (ad hoc mandates, conciliation)
- integrated expertise within the Restructuring/Banking Finance department: handling complex LBOs, restructuring national-level senior and mezzanine debt
LITIGATION: EXPERTISE IN BANKING AND FINANCE LITIGATION
- amicable negotiation, conciliation and alternative dispute resolution, in particular arbitration and mediation
- risk assessment and management, securing financing using appropriate and effective securities
- complete handling and management of litigation proceedings in France (and Belgium), with an understanding of the various local courts thanks to our regional presence
- risk assessments and proof of damages by using court-ordered evaluations.
of the team
- Legal 500 - 2016: Banking and finance
2018: Top Legal
2017: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Multi-office firm and regional firm: Silver trophy
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
News and publications
Rankings LEGAL 500 EMEA 2019
Racine advises Tristan Capital Partners on the sale of a portfolio of 7 warehouses for €175 million