Public law covers all interactions between economic actors and the administration. These interactions may be found in 100,000 annual public contracts representing represent €80 billion. More generally, given the number of regulated professions and activities (health, agriculture, security, energy, etc.), these interactions make up entire swathes of our economy.
Finally, public law sits at the heart of building and development initiatives. Compliance with town planning, environmental regulations, safety, accessibility or still yet overall commercial equilibrium is ensured by the administration, which authorizes transactions relating to 38 million square meters annually.
Related distinctions 25
Public contracts, regulated activities, town planning
Racine is active in each of these three central areas: public contracts, regulated activities and town planning.
We exclusively represent project owners, whether public or private, and act both as advisors and litigators.
Our six-partner strong Public Law department leads a team of about 20 lawyers. The team strives to furnish efficiency and pragmatism so that it may provide public players true decision-making capacity and help private developers navigate an often-complex administrative environment.
We also work closely with the firm’s other departments, and in particular the real estate, corporate and agri-food departments.
ECONOMIC INTERVENTIONISM AND REGULATED ACTIVITIES
- Analysis of state aid and European subsidies
- Management of regulated professions and activities
PUBLIC CONTRACTS AND LIABILITY
- Execution and performance of public contracts (works concessions, service concessions, public-private partnerships)
- Assistance with drafting town planning documents
- Advice and assistance in connection with various administrative authorizations
- Environnemental issue management
Law of the public service
- Territorial, hospital and state civil service.
- Counseling, support and legal representation in disciplinary litigation, promotion, grading, trade union rights, functional protection, and more generally on all issues related to the status of public servants and contractual agents under public law.
- Décideurs - 2021: Construction, Promotion, Infrastructures
- Décideurs - 2018: Public law
- Legal 500 - 2018: Administrative and public law
- Le Point - 2019: Public Law
- Décideurs - 2019: Public law
- Legal 500 - 2019: Public law
- Best Lawyers - 2019: Individual rankings
- Who's Who Legal - 2019: Individual rankings
2015: Palmarès des cabinets d’avocats Lyon
Public law: Bronze trophy
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
2018: Palmarès des cabinets d'avocats
Town planning: Silver Trophy
2018: Top Legal
2019: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Public Contracts: Silver Trophy
News and publications
Best Lawyers 2021 : 16 of our referenced partners
Racine is once again listed in the "Lawyer rankings " published by the Point