A company’s tax status and that of its shareholders is certainly one of the keys to their success.
In a time of regulatory instability, it’s crucial that companies maintain a long-term tax strategy that can be used as a tool to guarantee financial optimisation and security.
In order to address this need, Racine has a dedicated tax department handling corporate and individual tax matters, both in an advisory capacity and in litigation.
We assist our clients, both investment funds and companies, in France and abroad with their structuring and re-organisation transactions. We have particular expertise in real estate tax and divestment and acquisition transactions.
Our team also has leading expertise in advising shareholders and executives on compensation, profit sharing, management packages and transfers.
Related distinctions 32
- Real estate transactions (real estate acquisitions/advice in acquisition structuring/real estate divestment, setting up investment vehicles (OPPCI))
- Merger and acquisition transactions (tax due diligence: monitoring the entire process and tax structuring of the project)
- Restructuring: advising in respect of group reorganisations (including coordination on an international level)
- Management of cross-border cash flows/management of the impact of dividend payments (interest/royalties, permanent establishment issues)
- Tax status of executives (issues relating to French wealth tax (ISF), compensation structures, profit sharing arrangements, employee shareholding, international mobility)
- Structuring and transferring private and family groups (company creation, development and divestment)
- Private client asset tax management (in particular as regards inheritance/donations, ISF, implementation of estate structures and real estate investments, income tax and ISF declarations for residents and non-residents
ASSISTANCE WITH TAX ASSESSMENTS AND LITIGATION
- Assistance to companies and individuals, both litigation and before the administrative and judicial courts.
When a matter involves foreign jurisdictions, we leverage our foreign offices and our best friends network to ensure relevant solutions.
We regularly provide training for our clients to instruct them on tax issues specific to the business sectors
- Legal 500 - 2023: Tax
- Best Lawyers - 2023: Individual ranking
- International Tax Review - 2023: Tax
- Décideurs - 2022: Tax Law
- Best Lawyers - 2022: Individual ranking
- Legal 500 - 2022: Tax
- Legal 500 - 2021: Tax
- Best Lawyers - 2021: Classements individuels
- Legal 500 - 2021: EU Law, Competition and Distribution
- Le Point - 2021: Tax
2023: Sommet du Droit
Tax Litigation and Recovery Assistance
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
2018: Top Legal
News and publications
Racine advises FCA Bank S.p.A. within the context of the restructuring of its French subsidiaries
Warrants for business creator shares (BSPCE): When the « Made in France » seduce the international