A company’s tax status and that of its shareholders is certainly one of the keys to their success.
In a time of regulatory instability, it’s crucial that companies maintain a long-term tax strategy that can be used as a tool to guarantee financial optimisation and security.
In order to address this need, Racine has a dedicated tax department handling corporate and individual tax matters, both in an advisory capacity and in litigation.
We assist our clients, both investment funds and companies, in France and abroad with their structuring and re-organisation transactions. We have particular expertise in real estate tax and divestment and acquisition transactions.
Our team also has leading expertise in advising shareholders and executives on compensation, profit sharing, management packages and transfers.
Related distinctions 17
- Real estate transactions (real estate acquisitions/advice in acquisition structuring/real estate divestment, setting up investment vehicles (OPPCI))
- Merger and acquisition transactions (tax due diligence: monitoring the entire process and tax structuring of the project)
- Restructuring: advising in respect of group reorganisations (including coordination on an international level)
- Management of cross-border cash flows/management of the impact of dividend payments (interest/royalties, permanent establishment issues)
- Tax status of executives (issues relating to French wealth tax (ISF), compensation structures, profit sharing arrangements, employee shareholding, international mobility)
- Structuring and transferring private and family groups (company creation, development and divestment)
- Private client asset tax management (in particular as regards inheritance/donations, ISF, implementation of estate structures and real estate investments, income tax and ISF declarations for residents and non-residents
ASSISTANCE WITH TAX ASSESSMENTS AND LITIGATION
- Assistance to companies and individuals, both litigation and before the administrative and judicial courts.
When a matter involves foreign jurisdictions, we leverage our foreign offices and our best friends network to ensure relevant solutions.
We regularly provide training for our clients to instruct them on tax issues specific to the business sectors
of the team
- Le Point - 2019: Tax law
- International Tax Review - 2019: Tax
- Best Lawyers - 2019: Individual rankings
- Legal 500 - 2019: Tax
- Décideurs - 2019: Tax law/ Private assets
- International Tax Review - 2018: Tax
- International Tax Review - 2017: Tax
- Décideurs - 2017: M&A
- Décideurs - 2017: Tax law / Private assets
2018: Top Legal
2017: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Multi-office firm and regional firm: Silver trophy
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
News and publications
Article by Xavier Rollet and Valérie Gin-Boyer: "Payroll tax at the source of the international mobility of employees" in Dirigeants - Droit et Patrimoine
Rankings LEGAL 500 EMEA 2019