The turnaround market has been particularly active since 2008 and Racine is an expert in the domain.
This team has partners, who have been working in this practice area for over 20 years. They are supported by a group of associates and can advise on a wide range of issues arising from the financial, economic and employment difficulties that companies may face.
Related distinctions 46
The team is one of the most active in France, and has worked on some of the most significant cases in the market. The team stands out due to its unique experience with large-scale industrial restructurings, cross-border cases in particular, and debt restructuring for distressed LBOs.
Combining professionals from various complementary practice areas who can rely on the support of all of Racine’s departments, the team assists companies with resolving their difficulties or their issues with shareholders and potential acquirers of assets. The team also advises financial institutions for the purpose of safeguarding their rights in these circumstances.
The team’s know-how includes financial and social restructuring, ad hoc mandates, conciliation, safeguard, accelerated financial safeguard, pre-pack sales, recovery, judicial liquidation and all litigation relating to these situations.
A GLOBAL SERVICE
Our team advises large French and international groups, investment funds and mid-sized companies in order to support all players: obligors, managers, shareholders, mezzanine and debt funds, successors, creditors.
Handle all legal issues of distressed companies:
Beyond restructuring law – employment law issues specific to these procedures, financing law, M&A issues linked to restructurings, French and EU competition law issues, tax issues, etc.
A 360° APPROACH
Covering all stages of in the prevention and handling of difficulties:
- identifying issues and forming a strategy
- initiating ad hoc mandates or conciliations
- negotiating conciliation agreements
- preparing and implementing judicial recovery proceedings
- preparing continuation plans or take-over acquisition plans
- preventing sanction risks
Dealing with the cross-border aspects of international procedures
- Legal 500 - 2021: Restructuring
- Best Lawyers - 2021: Classements individuels
- International Financial Law Review - 2021: IFLR 1000
- Option Droit et Affaires - 2021: Litigation
- Legal 500 - 2021: Legal 500 EMEA
- Chambers - 2021: Restructuring
- Option Droit et Affaires - 2021: Restructuring
- Décideurs - 2021: Distressed companies / Restructuring
- Option Droit et Affaires - 2018: Restructuring
- International Financial Law Review - 2018: Restructuring
- Legal 500 - 2018: Insolvency
- Chambers - 2018: Restructuring
- International Financial Law Review - 2019: Restructuring
- Best Lawyers - 2019: Individual rankings
- Who's Who Legal - 2019: Individual rankings
- Legal 500 - 2019: Insolvency
- Option Droit et Affaires - 2019: Restructuring
- Magazine des Affaires - 2019: Restructuring
- Chambers - 2019: Restructuring
- Décideurs - 2019: Distressed companies / Restructuring
2015: Palmarès des cabinets d'avocats
Distressed companies: Silver trophy
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Collective proceedings and corporate restructurings: Silver trophy
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
2018: Palmarès des cabinets d'avocats
Restructuring: Silver trophy
2018: Top Legal
2019: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Collective procedures and restructuring: Gold trophy
News and publications
Racine advises Lavorel Group on the acquisition of the hotel group JJW
23 lawyers listed in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers