The constantly evolving field of competition law and distribution law creates a need for support from a team of competent and efficient advisors who are perfectly informed of the economic and public policy dynamics at play.
Racine has a team of lawyers who are fully dedicated to competition and distribution law matters.
Numerous clients (French and international groups, industrial companies and service providers operating in various sectors, banks and financial institutions, SMEs, public authorities and professional organizations) trust the team, which accompanies them in all aspects of their business.
Related distinctions 47
The team is active in French and European competition law, antitrust matters (horizontal practices, vertical restraints and abuses of a dominant position), merger control and State aid matters. In the area of distribution law, Racine’s specialized lawyers have created various commercial partnerships, notably in the industrial, energy, fashion and luxury sectors. They also act in complex litigation related to commercial agreements and distribution.
The wide-ranging diversity of the files handled by the team reflects the Competition – Distribution department’s ability to adapt to clients’ needs so that they may furnish practical and operational solutions.
CARTEL AND ABUSES OF A DOMINANT POSITION
- Advisory and risk prevention: internal audits, analysis of competition risks in commercial contracts, distribution agreements and tender procedures, training and implementation of compliance programmes
- Assistance during dawn raids and appeals against such decisions
- Procedures before the French Competition Authority and the European Commission: complaint, interim measures, defence on the merits and appeals before courts
- Negotiated procedures: leniency, settlements, commitments
- Private enforcement: assistance before commercial courts, either as defendant and complainant
- Merger filing before national or European authorities and assistance for appeals
- Coordination of multijuridictionnal filings
- Negotiation and implementation of commitments
- Advice in the framework of economic support granted by public authorities
- Assistance before the European Commission and European or national courts
DISTRIBUTION AND COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements: complex partnerships, setting-up joint-ventures, supply and listing agreements, license and know-how transfer agreements, network arrangements, brokerage agreements, etc.
- Organisation of distribution networks: definition of contractual tools, drafting of franchise and concession agreements, selective and exclusive distribution, commercial agency, online sales, etc.
- Assistance with annual negotiations, drafting or rendering compliant commercial documents and practices (invoices, general terms and conditions of sale or purchase, single conventions, etc.)
- Distribution and commercial contract litigation before the commercial courts (unfair competition, sudden termination of contractual relations, delisting, significant imbalance in commercial relations, selling at loss, etc.) and assessment of damages
CONSUMER LAW, ADVERTISING LAW AND SALES PROMOTIONS
- Sales publicity and promotion, labelling, product regulation and warranties
- Assistance during controls led by the French Competition, Consumer and Fraud Prevention Directorate (DGCCRF) and French Departmental Consumer Protection Directorate (DDPP)
- Representation in proceedings before regulatory authorities (French Audio-Visual Council (CSA), French Press Distribution Regulatory Authority (ARDP), etc.)
- Le Point - 2023: Commercial, Business and Competition Law
- Décideurs - 2023: Merger control
- Décideurs - 2023: Antitrust
- Décideurs - 2023: State aid
- Décideurs - 2023: Distribution law
- Legal 500 - 2023: EU Competition & Distribution Law
- Décideurs - 2023: Competition & Antitrust
- Chambers - 2023: Competition / European Law
- Best Lawyers - 2023: Individual ranking
- Legal 500 - 2023: EU Law, Competition and Distribution
- Le Point - 2022: Commercial, Business and Competition Law
- Best Lawyers - 2022: Individual ranking
- Legal 500 - 2022: EU competition and distribution
- Chambers - 2022: Competition / European Law
- Décideurs - 2022: Competition & Antitrust
- Legal 500 - 2021: Competition-Distribution
- Best Lawyers - 2021: Classements individuels
- Legal 500 - 2021: EU Law, Competition and Distribution
- Le Point - 2021: Competition – Distribution – Contracts
2023: Sommet du Droit
2015: Palmarès des cabinets d'avocats
Competition: Bronze trophy
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
2018: Palmarès des cabinets d'avocats
Competition: Silver trophy
2018: Top Legal
News and publications
Racine advises Teledyne in the context of the clearance by the European Commission of a large State aid project in the microelectronics sector
Racine strengthens its Competition practice with the arrival of Guillaume Fabre as partner.