Complex M&A transactions and reorganisations are strategic events in the life of a company. Their success depends on the expertise of those involved.
Racine’s Corporate/M&A team is made up of lawyers who are each closely familiar with the technical aspects involved in these high value-added transactions.
The team advises companies both French and foreign entities, investment funds and management teams on their strategic transactions.
Racine assists its clients with the full range of issues they encounter in company operations, the financing of their development, external growth transactions and transfers, both in France and on an international level.
The team works hand in hand with the firm’s other teams so that it can offer comprehensive solutions that cover all relevant practice areas (tax, employment, distressed company law, banking and finance, competition, etc.).
In parallel, the team constantly strives to ensure that that it acquires and maintains deep know-how about its clients’ businesses and industries.
Armed with its experience in court and arbitral proceedings, the team also handles all types of disputes relating to corporate and financial markets law, and in particular disputes between shareholders and the enforcement of indemnities.
Related distinctions 23
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Acquisition due diligence, drafting of letters of intent/memoranda of understanding, non-disclosure agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of purchase agreements, asset and liability guarantees and all other agreements required in external growth transactions
- Drafting joint-venture agreements, shareholder agreements and all other agreements relating to share structure and governance
- Design and implementation of all corporate transactions relating to equity investments and transfers of controlling interests
- Legal implementation of leveraged and capital investment transactions: seed funding, second rounds, capital development, refinancing
- Design and implementation of management packages
- Management and handling of pre-litigation and litigation related to M&A transactions
CORPORATE LAW AND CAPITAL MARKET
- Intra-group restructurings, mergers, global corporate asset transfers and contributions
- Corporate financing:
- fundraising with investors
- bond issuances
- Capital market issues
- preferential shares
- subscription warrants
- All other transactions such as incorporations, transformations, by-law amendments
When a transaction involves a foreign jurisdiction, we leverage our foreign offices and best-friends network to ensure the suitability of our solutions.
of the team
- Le Point - 2019: M&A – Corporate
- International Financial Law Review - 2019: M&A
- Best Lawyers - 2019: Individual rankings
- Décideurs - 2019: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Option Droit et Affaires - 2018: M&A
- International Financial Law Review - 2018: M&A
- Chambers - 2018: M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Legal 500 - 2018: M&A
- Option Droit et Affaires - 2017: M&A
- International Financial Law Review - 2017: M&A
- Décideurs - 2017: M&A
- Chambers - 2017: M&A
2018: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Mergers & Acquisitions : Small & Mid Cap: Gold trophy
2018: Top Legal
2017: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Multi-office firm and regional firm: Silver trophy
2015: Trophées du droit et du contentieux
Entrepreneurial firm over five years old: Gold trophy
Mergers & Acquisitions – small- and mid-cap: Silver trophy
News and publications
8th IBA European Corporate & Private M&A Conference
Racine and nine others law firms on the LBO of Naxicap Partners and Ardian in the Emera group